PAREXEL Informatics is one of the industry’s leading solution providers and we help customers accelerate the drug development process through innovation. Our product portfolio is built on leading-edge technology and is combined with extensive medical and clinical expertise. As the technology business unit of PAREXEL International Corporation, we're able to leverage our massive investment in technology with our parent company's wealth of hands-on clinical expertise.
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment that has the feel of an innovate technology company.
As the Software Engineer, you will be part of a software engineering team, you will analyse, design, implement and support bespoke software solutions for internal and external customers. You will participate and support policy making and establishing standards and common processes for system development standards, methods and procedures. You will need to collaborate with internal stakeholders in Engineering, Architecture, and Product Leadership. You will also be responsible for enabling and managing demonstration capabilities and 3rd party component suppliers’ technical relationships. A key aspect of your role will be your contribution to the continuous improvement of the Analytics group Analytics group as a component of the System Information Design function within the Scaled Agile Framework, and as such you must be oriented towards team work in an emerging and flexible environment.
- Produce, robust, well designed, and maintainable software solutions in line with departmental standards, industry best practice and customer requirements.
- Document work to agreed standards and procedures.
- Facilitate internal and external customers to analyse requirements for next software/changes to software to produce agreed requirement specifications.
- Liaising with Quality & Assurance departments as the project demands.
- Support and maintain deployed software.
- Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modelling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner
- Participate in formal staff review processes e.g. performance and salary reviews to corporate standards and timescales
- Manage assigned tasks escalating issues to project/departmental managers.
- Experience in building single page applications & use of AngularJS.
- Strong skills in web markup including HTML& CSS.
- Client focused approach to work.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Be a well-organized, confident, self-motivated, team player, resourceful, responsive, dependable, creative and innovative professional.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to Continuing Professional Development and Learning.
Experience in the following areas will be advantageous:
- Web development using JSP.
- An understanding of Systems Engineering.
- An understanding of agile development practices.
- Hands-on experience and exposure to various analytics techniques, methodologies, and approaches (including Big Data Analytics).
- Software development skills in C, C++, C# or Java
- Degree or MSc in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or other science related field, or equivalent project-related experience
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English
Minimum Work Experience
- Commercial experience of requirements gathering and analysis for non-technical clients.
- Strong previous software engineering experience with use of Java programming is essential
- Software development skills in C, C++, C# is desirable
- Experience of Web development using JSP is desirable
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!