Software Engineer (Emissions)
Location: West Midlands
The Emissions aftertreatment team is responsible for the specification, development and delivery of cost effective emissions aftertreatment systems enabling vehicles to meet the ever tightening legislative tailpipe emissions standards.
The role will require the successful candidate to lead the development of aftertreatment systems and as such entails close co-operation with the engine calibration, exhaust development teams and with suppliers.
This significantly relies on emissions testing of engines and vehicles
Reporting to the TS / Manager. Key responsibilities will include:
* Testing of aftertreatment systems performance on engine test-bed / vehicles
* Through teams SMEs support the selection of aftertreatment components for future applications, including supplier selection.
* Support target setting, technical development and sign-off of the aftertreatment system in close collaboration with engine calibration and exhaust development teams, and supported by suppliers.
* Support the DV testing using failure mode avoidance procedures.
* Documentation of results from CAE analysis / DV testing as technical reports or evidence packs.
* Experienced in the development of emissions aftertreatment systems
* A motivated self-starter with proven project / supplier management skills and able to make decisions which are in the best interest of the business
* Experience in the development and deployment of advanced emissions aftertreatment test methods
* Knowledge and experience of emissions aftertreatment test methods
* Knowledge and experience of emissions aftertreatment CAE tools, preferably Exothermia's Axisuite.
* Knowledge and experience of aftertreatment component and system functions and development
* Knowledge and experience of emissions and OBD requirements and testing (engine test-bed and vehicle)
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.