Software Engineer -Embedded Linux / Telematics
Software Engineer -Embedded Linux / Telematics Tevva Motors have a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer within Embedded Linux / Telematics to be a part of our growing team based in Chelmsford. Using your skills, you will deliver game-changing, clean-truck technology. Delivering on climate change, improving air quality, reducing GHG, and particulate emissions and making a real and measurable difference
You will report to the Senior Software Engineer and support the development of the telematics unit for Range Extended Electric Vehicles (REEV) - based on an in-vehicle embedded Linux platform - communicating securely with applications in the cloud to exchange vehicle data and control information
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to establish and refine project
- Produce technical, engineering and user documentation in relation with a project plans
- Develop source code and executable scripts to the appropriate Company coding standards
- Engage in review process for requirements, specifications, designs, source code, test documentation
- Maintain up-to-date copies of documents and source code in the Company’s in-house system
- Integrate client, suppliers and third party’s APIs, products and services in to projects
- Develop, test and debug embedded Linux software
- Produce kernel patches and/or drivers (if needed)
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics
- Commercial automotive experience
- Experience with programs and systems such as Linux systems, SSH, AES, SSL, VPN and on chip encryption
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to work unsupervised and use initiative
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
As the successful Software Engineer you will be able to multi task and prioritise whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail. This role requires strong communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines. You will be computer literate including knowledge of or experience with Microsoft Office programs.
This a full-time position working 40 hours per week with additional hours available. We are offering a competitive salary of £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience. You will also receive 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (some days will have to be kept during the Christmas period due to office closures) and will be offered a pension scheme, health scheme and life insurance. We are a fun, family run business with amazing staff facilities and enjoy building professional relationships in an enjoyable way.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, we would like to hear from you. Please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Software, Engineer, Hardware, Degree, Computer science
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer outlined within this advertisement to review your application for the specific role applied for.
- Computer science
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"