Our client create innovative and market leading test tools and work on the latest technologies involved in digital media on consumer electronics devices and now seek a talented Software Engineer to join their growing engineering team.
On offer is an innovative and challenging environment; where you will get to work on the latest technologies involved in digital media or consumer electronics devices using the latest software tools and techniques in your work.
You will have opportunities to get involved in interesting projects that global brands, including leading broadcasters, media service providers, and device manufacturers, depend on to make new technologies work correctly.
You will need to demonstrate flexibility in approach and be willing to assist with all aspects of work, including research, prototyping, design, implementation, documentation, testing and support.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in a relevant technical role which has included software development.
- Upper second-class degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or another technical or scientific subject, or equivalent experience.
- Can demonstrate an ability to approach problems creatively and work in a team to deadlines.
- Can demonstrate an eye for detail, diligence, and enthusiasm for technology.
Bonus points that would set you apart:
- An interest or knowledge of digital TV, home networking, security, smart devices, internet-of-things, distributed audio/video and content protection/distribution.
- A demonstrable interest in software engineering best practices: you care about source control, continuous integration testing and writing clean code.
- Knowledge of media formats, e.g. MPEG, H264, AAC, Dolby Digital, and experience in creating, modifying and analysing such media files.
In return you will receive you will get a great work and life balance and much more including:
- Competitive pay with a well-established growing international company
- Good benefits and flexible working opportunities including matched contribution pension scheme, gym membership, health cash plan, company bonus and much more
- Great location within the city centre.
- Dedicated social team, who organise events and activities throughout the year; go-karting, climbing, board-games nights are just some examples.
- regular company-wide lunches and fortnightly technical talks on a range of topics.
- Opportunities to progress and grow with the company.
- Occasional opportunities to travel and work around the UK and internationally.