We are looking to hire an ambitious and bright Software Engineer who has a background in the development of application software using C++. Ideally you will also have experience with interface software development using C# and .NET. You will be joining a Cambridge based R&D organization who are developing clever complex instrumentation which are used in an array of different industries. It is exciting times, with excellent opportunities for career and personal development in a thriving and growing industry leading organizations, who are an investor in people employer.
You will be developing control and image workflow software, Web based and WPF user interfaces and control applications, Image processing / analysis quality applications, using Matlab and C++.
Requirements of Software Engineer / Software Developer
* 1st or a 2.1 degree with significant software engineering content.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Proven software development experience developing control software applications utilising C++.
* Previous experience writing software which Interfaces with hardware e.g. scanners, cameras and motion controllers
* Strong C++ skills
* Experience of PC software engineering for multi-threaded, real-time or distributed applications
* A familiarity with any of the following: VHDL, digital or analogue electronics, PLC programming, WPF or other GUI design.
Location: Cambridge ( Commutable from Cambridge, Royston, Bury St Edmunds, Bedford, North London, Harlow, Stevenage, etc)
Salary: £40k - £55k + Benefits (depending on experience) - potential relocation package.
- Software Engineer
- medical devices
- Software Developer
- life science
- C# .NET
- Control software
- application development
- scientific instrumentation
- Hardware interface
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job