Work as a Developer writing code for products in C++ and C with a Belfast based company.
Your new company
My client is based in Belfast, Northern Ireland and operates at the high-value end of the global scientific imaging, spectroscopy and microscopy systems markets. Operating in Belfast since 1989 the successful candidate will be working in an Agile product development team leading the delivery of innovative new software solutions to the research community. The products are predominantly written in C++ and C and as a Software Engineer you would join an enthusiastic team of test driven development practitioners using the latest tools available.
Your new role
- Architect, design, implement and test of embedded & host software within agreed timescales
- Provide innovative, robust and scalable solutions to complex technical problems
- Assist with rapid prototyping and critical investigations
- Drive continuous improvement to the SW development process
- Improve, refine and refactor existing software
- Gather requirements based on system specifications for new products
- Drive task breakdown and estimation to reasonable degree of accuracy
- Develop and maintain software design documentation
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Write software user guides, manuals and any other documentation
- Build working relationships with other key departments and customers
- Mentoring, training and supporting other members of the software development team
- Occasional travel to other offices and customer sites
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time by your line manager
What you'll need to succeed
Successful delivery of at least 3 major SW development projects through all stages of the software development lifecycle from requirements capture through to application deployment and support. Significant experience typically gained over a period of 3/5 years in: - using C++ or C for Windows and Linux development - object orientated and multi-threaded design and architecture using industry standard techniques and tools.
What you'll get in return
If you are seeking a challenge and have an excellent work ethic this is an excellent role for you. You should be personally driven to meet objectives with a focus on quality and delivery. This position offers a good salary and benefits package plus the opportunity to work with a unique company in Belfast.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- C++ Software Enginner