Software Engineer (C/C++, Cutting Edge Medical Ultrasound Technology, Auto)
£30k - £60k + benefits
Our client is an extremely well-supported and funded medical devices start-up with the exciting technology for developing a new generation of ultrasound-based medical devices for drug delivery and minimally invasive surgical applications and providing on-screen feedback to the clinician as to where drug delivery or surgery is taking place in real time.
They have a requirement for a Software Engineer responsible for the both application software and software testing of the ultrasound platform software and reporting directly to the Head of Engineering. Working with the engineering team, the Software Engineer will be primarily expected to contribute to the application software and software testing to develop the system in a flexible, hands-on, small-team environment. More senior candidates will be expected to work more independently as well as leading some software projects and give technical direction to other team members.
- Working with the engineering team and consultants, contribute to the ultrasound system software design process
- Ensure completed software effort in assigned areas to regulated software standards (e.g IEC 62304)
- Provide unit and integration testing of the developed software using industry standard tools
- Formulate test cases and test plans to support software validation
- Contribute to required regulatory testing of the ultrasound platform including all software tools required solely for testing modes
- Contribute to team meetings, lab maintenance and technical support.
- Hands on testing in an ultrasound lab using electronics equipment to support rapid product development.
- Contributing to documentation required for regulatory submission (FDA 510k, CE Mark) to a notified body to international standards (e.g. ISO 13485)
Skills & Experience
Deliver validated and documented software projects in a highly regulated industry or environment preferably medical device or healthcare-related, or alternatively aero, auto, nuclear etc. More senior candidates will be expected to have delivers validated and documented software project in a highly regulated industry
- Implement software designs in C/C++ using Microsoft Visual Studio 1-3 years’ experience in industry is essential
- Qt framework experience desirable
- CUDA /GPU programming
- Numerical library experience (Intel MKL, LAPACK++, Eigen, etc) preferred
- Validate and verify developed software, with unit and integration/regression testing experience
- Use industry standard software design, development and documentation tools including JIRA, Crucible, FishEye, Confluence and Intel Inspector.
- Work in a Scrum/Agile development framework effectively
- A flexible approach on a day-to-day basis and perform tasks outside of job description.
- Self-starter capable of working in a rapidly changing and dynamic small company environment.
- Work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Manage a wide range of projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- BSc degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent (MSc/MPhil desired).
- 1-3 years’ experience for the more junior end of the salary spectrum rising to 4+ years for the senior salary.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job