Solutions Development Delivery Manager / Agile Project Manager / Application Developent Project Manager
Acting as a Solutions Development Project Manager for this industry leading insurance group, you will be responsible for the delivery of a series of complex, larger size projects focusing on application development and enhancement for the delivery of front end software and application development within an Agile environment,
This will include leading a multidisciplined programme team of 5-10 resources and management of Business Stakeholders relationships within project and delivery teams. Managing the interaction with the business and stakeholders is key to this role as well as working across up to 7 technical teams delivering the business requirements.
The Delivery Manager is responsible for ensuring that the technical teams develop and deliver against business needs and is responsible for understanding and articulating these business needs.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Estimate and mobilise resources necessary to delivery the Programme
- Work with the Lead Product Manager to build and iterate a product roadmap to meet the needs of the programme
- Ensure delivery is in line with IT architectural framework and all Business Implementation elements of the programme
Team & People Leadership
- Lead and motivate multiple multi-disciplinary teams, having the knowledge and experience to provide support and guidance
- Manage and coach a delivery team to establish a delivery rhythm, ensure common priorities, manage dependencies and remove blockers
- Ensure teams are able to work effectively by having a productive working environment
- Manage, track and report on programme budgets to ensure best value is delivered and accurate forecasts can be made
- Be a champion for the programmes you are delivering
- Ensure successful transition of programme deliverables to Live Service and support
- To lead resource capacity planning and across the discipline and for your delivery team
- Actively participate in the delivery manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice
- Champion and lead the adoption of Agile within the delivery teams and use appropriately in your delivery projects.
Internal relationships will include all levels of staff across Product Managers, Delivery Managers, Lead Product Managers, Head of Solution Delivery, Developers and QA teams as well as Exec Team members.
Suitable candidates will have:
- Demonstrable experience of building teams based on agile or lean project management methodologies.
- Proven experience of delivering complex business and technical projects using internal and external suppliers
- Experience of using Agile or Waterfall and lean methodologies to deliver programmes, projects and products
- Full system lifecycle experience including live service support
- Experience of managing and coaching other delivery managers
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
understanding of the digital landscape
- Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven experience in managing cross-dependencies and prioritisation
- Proven experience of managing programme budgets, delivering value for money and forecasting need
- Previous financial services, banking or insurance experience would be beneficial but is not essential to this role, other backgrounds including retail or other customer centric businesses.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'