Role: Software Development Manager
Location : Newcastle Upon Tyne / Home
Type: 12 month Fixed Term Contract
£65,000 - £70,000 plus package
I am looking for a Software Development Manager to join my clients Digital Technology team based in their Newcastle Upon Tyne HQ on the basis of a 12 month fixed term contract. If you would like to stay after the 12 months there is also the option to do so! Whether you are office or home based is fully flexible! You can be 100% remote if you wish as getting the job done right is what's important - not where you do it from!
In an increasingly digital and data driven world, they work with their customers to create intelligent products, which involves writing complex software and working with modern technologies like machine learning. The team all share the same goal which is to deliver game changing solutions that will transform the productivity of their customers. Machines, people and systems are at the core of many successful businesses, and they study these core components and their interactions to solve real problems.
You would be joining and managing a cloud mature team, mainly working with Azure. The team use various frameworks, tools and languages which are built around a microservice architecture, and everyone is given the freedom to use the right technology for the job which is the beauty of IT
As mentioned you will still be very hands on in your day to day but you will make business decisions and manage projects to ensure the best delivery possible. You will support with the ongoing development of the team and so coaching and mentoring will play a part as will future recruitment for the team.
A snapshot of the package :
• Salary up to £70,000 plus package
• You have the option to fully remote if you desire
• 25 days plus the usual Bank Holidays with options to buy / sell ( up to 35 and as low as 22)
• Extra day off for your Birthday
• 8% Pension putting money away for your future
• Cycle to work scheme
• High street vouchers that you and your family can make use of - always nicer to see the grocery bill drop in numbers!
• A flexible working day so you can get the right balance to suit you
• Free on site parking - small and simple but yet one of lives biggest pains
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'