Software Development Manager - Salary circa £50K
Do you have line management & Scrum Master experience in an embedded software environment?
This role will involve management of a team Embedded SW engineers who are primarily focused on developing and supporting the introduction of new products, and bug fixing of product issues.
If you want to work with Modern Development Environments in a highly successful company - then this is the role for you!!!! This opportunity offers a friendly/sociable team atmosphere, Salary of circa £50K, free parking + great benefits. Based in Poole.
Responsibilities of the Software Development Manager:
- Coordinate teams of software engineers to support and develop .NET CF embedded products written in C# and C/C++
- Perform the role of Scrum Master for multiple development teams e.g. oversee Agile Ceremonies and providing start and end of sprint KPI reports to aid governance
- Line management of a team of engineers. This includes annual appraisals, mid-year reviews, holidays and sickness and dispute management
- Coordination with senior management for reporting of progress and impediments and to implement the development roadmap
- Recruitment of new team members either for expansion or backfill
- Contribute to the coordination of multiple Agile teams developing in parallel to a shared goal
- Actively contribute to improve the quality of both products and services by working in accordance with internal and external quality standards
- Lead software process and tooling improvement activities
- Contribute to interdepartmental communication in order to improve awareness of the project and customer needs and the creation of a team spirit within
- Ensure that technical standards, documentation and processes are applied to all delivery artefacts
- Undertake software design reviews and provide guidance to other developers if necessary
- Assist in the refinement of specifications and requirements into a development backlogs, and present tested, working software in iteration reviews
- FULL JD AVAILABLE
Skills & Characteristics of the Software Development Manager:
- Significant experience within an embedded software development environment
- Previous experience of Continuous Integration/Test Automation approach to software development
- Strong technical capability - Architecture, Design/patterns and Implementation
- 3+ years Object Oriented Design and Programming (e.g. UML, Design Patterns, SOLID principles)
- 3+ years C#/.NET Software Development using the Visual Studio IDE
- Programming for Windows CE/Windows Embedded Compact and use of .NET Compact Framework
- Scrum Master with experience of Scrum and Kanban
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary circa £50K depending on experience
- Free parking
- Pension Contributions
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Friendly/sociable working environment
- Hours are 09:00 till 17:30 Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
- Permanent Position
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'