Software Development Manager
6 Month Contract
£ - Competitive
Software Development Manager required for an initial 6-month contract for our large Blue Chip client based in central London.
Manage and mentor a technical software development team who build and support leading software platforms across various retail and e-commerce software functions.
- Highly complex technology designs and deliverables
- Technically able to view technology design and their impact across the business and ultimately to the customer within their specific functions /domains
- Accountable for a very complex software development team Develop plan and schedule for development team which balances software delivery, continuous improvement and operational support.
- Execute on those plans and schedules within the operational limits of budget and headcount while ensuring excellent software delivery and support
- Manage the team of 11-12 people
- Drive architecture
- Review code
Skills / Experience
- Software development management experience - Essential
- Java or Python (Hands on coding ability) - Essential
- Experience with Microservices - Essential
- Experience working in retail
- Experience leading software development professionals in a DevOps environment or high tech company
- Record of developing and delivering large scale, distributed or complex scale platforms
- Experience with performing technical analysis on different technology design and implementation options
- Passionate about all aspects of e-commerce technology
If you have the above skills and experience click apply now for immediate consideration. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.