SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will:
- Inspire and enable teams to achieve high performing cultures.
- Have strong experience of in Agile environments and be empowered to make delivery focused decisions.
- Know when to step in and when to let the team learn from their own mistakes.
- Have an interest and aptitude in the technology of the teams, adding value per agile principles.
- Be a proven Coach and Mentor, experience of setting SMART goals to grow each of your team members.
- Champion discussions across the whole department as part of community based sharing groups.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced agile environment with a focus on SCRUM team accountability.
- Previous experience managing engineers
- Worked in a DevOps environment
- Must have had Team lead/ development or done management before.
- Demonstrable experience of growing and motivating team members
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with all seniority levels
- Ability to prioritise under pressure in a range of situations
- Experience working in software development as either a Developer or QA
- Scrum Master certification and an understanding of Agile methodologies
- Ability to handle conflict effectively
- An innovative, flexible, calm and proactive approach
- Experience with managing budgets
- JS/React.JS/MicroServices/RESTful API Architecture Environment
- Strong team working with experience influencing across a matrix organisation
- Experience of release level planning
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results.
- Passionaite about improvement
- Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal
- Ability to engage and enable people to perform at their best
WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?
- An opportunity to be involved in developing the leading application at the initial stage of a viewing revolution, breaking the mould of previous consumer trends!
WHAT EXTRAS ARE WILL BE GIVEN?
- 25 Days annual leave (Increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching Pension contributions up to 5%
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Free breakfast, tea and coffee!