Software Development Manager
Nottingham - £60000 - £70000 plus benefits
I am looking for a Software Development manager for a leading business in Nottingham. The role involves managing a team of 15, working with cutting edge technology. You will have an opportunity to drive their products forward, as well as being part of a wider team that is driving a platform approach. The successful candidate will be innovative and passionate about technology. Ideally you will have experience of working with SaaS but this is not essential.
- Responsible for the leadership of a technical team of developers, testers & product owners.
- Providing line management, mentoring and supporting the team with decisions, changes in processes and identifying better tools to use.
- Create the environment and culture to aid the development teams in practicing agile to facilitate better communication, collaboration, accountability and visibility.
- Become a key member of the Nottingham management team, inputting into team direction, making improvements, driving the team forward and promoting across our global group.
- Driving recruitment of key roles in a growing organisation with a rich pipeline of product development ahead
- Coaching and mentoring the team to maximise potential are critical responsibilities along with continually improving standards by arranging training, setting challenging objectives and encouraging cross-skilling throughout the department
- Possesses the ability to explain complex solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be part of the wider global management team taking a lead on driving key initiatives and roll out.
- Work with dev ops to release and deliver software on a regular cycle.
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools and best practices.
- Leadership across global teams and working with different cultures across different time-zones.
- Reporting progress, metrics, risks upwards to the head of development and wider across global stakeholders where appropriate.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Broad/Proven work experience in software development and leadership.
- Able to work at strategic, as well as detail, level and can engage with stakeholders across a wide range.
- Strong leadership capabilities ensuring a highly performing and engaged team
- Passion, creativity, deep expertise, openness, flexibility and drive. Practicality and common sense are essential
- We want you to have a keen interest in the business, not just a given technical problem; understanding the big picture and how your work fits into it
- Broad experience of Agile delivery and knowledge of Agile techniques such as User Stories, Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Test-driven development (TDD), Continuous Integration & Delivery and Automated Testing etc.
- Strong interpersonal, written and presentation skills - service orientation, collaboration, facilitation and negotiation skills, situational awareness and conflict resolution.
- Ability to understand technical issues and facilitate discussions to resolution.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks.
- Knowledge of containerisation, virtualisation, micro-services architecture, cloud, SaaS & PaaS platforms.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, delivery and build automation processes.
If the role sounds interesting, please send me your CV for immediate assessment.