Software Development Manager - £50,000-£55,000+Bens - Herefordshire
My client is one of the fastest growing Fintech companies in the UK, and are experts in the payment and financial services arena. They have also successfully diversified into a number of other sectors.
As part of the continued business expansion we are now recruiting for a Software Development Manager to join our .NET Software Delivery Team, based in the Hereford Head Office. In this role, you'll run teams of Software engineers, at different levels of experience, competence and development. You'll set expectations and standards for the Software team, and that professional development paths from Junior through to Senior engineer level are clear and progression achievable.
As Software Development Manager, some of your key duties will include:
- Managing a team of Software development staff across all languages and skillsets.
- Defining the overall strategy and approach for development of projects.
- Responsibility for ensuring the software development function runs efficiently and effectively within the business
- Ensuring a common set of best practices are defined for application development in each of the technologies being used.
- Working with the Enterprise and application architect and head of software delivery to help shape the application landscape.
The successful Software Development Manager will demonstrate to us that you have:
- Strong performance management skills and experience in supporting and managing Developers in a matrix style management structure.
- Demonstrable Agile and Waterfall methodology knowledge
- Experience of working in a regulated industry, preferably Finance or Banking
- Ability to use a wide range of written and verbal communication skills to communicate information from simple to highly complex and highly confidential.
- Experienced in the introduction and management of Development standards.
The successful Software Development Manager will be joining a really exciting company with long-term career progression. On offer is a highly competitive salary, a range of additional benefits, including 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays every year. You will also benefit from their two on-site subsidised restaurants and free parking, as well as access to the fully-equipped gym.