Software Development Lead - Supply Chain/Distribution
Salary: £60-75,000 + fantastic benefits + outstanding career opportunities
Our Client is a business without peer, a company that leads the way in their sector. As part of a dynamic international growth strategy they are looking to significantly develop their business in the UK. Their impressive client list includes leading names in retail, manufacturing & pharmaceuticals, and they aim to develop this further.
To assist their growth plans they are looking to recruit a Software Development Leader to add to their management team. The successful candidate will have fantastic attention to detail, strong communication skills & the ability to manage high expectations to deliver the business agenda.
Supported by industry leaders based both in the UK & internationally we are looking for a candidate who has a strong track record of success, but more importantly somebody who has an outstanding career ahead.
- Communicate to software developers and drive the team executing Application Development effectively
- Creating and managing the development plan for Application Development projects to ensure the triple constraint for projects
- Responsible for the software quality of the projects.
- Liaising with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Identifying, managing and controlling the change control process both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participating with the Software manager to define and develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Acting as a mentor and leader to other developers on the team.
- Assisting in reviewing and analysing existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then developing strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Researching and making recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Designing, developing and testing enhancements and upgrades to systems and application software
- Degree educated, or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science, or similar
- Proven experience in software development and/or programming design and systems management
- In-depth experience with some mix of Java, Socket Programming, RPM Package Manager, auto-build tools, SQL and Oracle, DLL plug-in libraries in C++, pthreads, XML, XSLT and ActiveMQ
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions
- Software project leadership and people leadership experience
- Experienced with Java Frameworks
- Experienced with SQL, Oracle RDMS (Rational Database Management System), TCP/IP and messaging frameworks
- Familiarity with any UNIX OS commands
- Must have experience with RESTful Web Services
- Experienced with JMS (Java Message System) with emphasis on Apache MQ
- Experienced with JPA (Java Persistence API) with emphasis on Hibernate
- Strong knowledge of software implementation best practices and methodologies
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Able to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal, organisational, time management and problem solving skills
To apply for this fantastic career opportunity please email your CV or call for more details!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'