Software Development Lead / Development Manager, Manchester
North West based, continually expanding software house. Have outgrown current, evolving development structure and have a new position for a Delivery Manager, Software Consultant or Software Development Manager to work with the CTO as they relocate into larger offices in the City Centre Manchester.
Able to work closely with the development team (graduate developers to very senior developers, Business Analysts and Technical Testers) you’ll no longer be a hands-on developer yourself (or be looking for that next-level jump from Senior), but code will still be at your core. (Ability to get in and identify/resolve bottlenecks).
Ideally with an Agile/Lean mindset, you’ll get involved with project planning. On a team and 1:1 basis you’ll have the freedom to enhance the application development process, smoothing the delivery of new features and enhancements. Fantastic opportunity with room to define your own role and priorities within the company.
You’ll be a bit like this:
- Technical Core. You’ll look after a mixed team of C# .NET developers, Software Testers and Business Analysts. A Microsoft/.NET background would therefore be pretty essential.
- High levels of emotional Intelligence. Must have strong people, team & client leadership skills and an agile mindset (the good bits anyway).
- You will have had exposure to people & team leadership/improvement previously, either as a Senior Developer, Delivery Manager, Software Lead, Solutions Architect or Development Manager.
- Highly Collaborative. You are motivated & passionate about improving how a team perform & relationships, and you’ll be given the opportunity to make a massive positive impact to the company.
- Continual Learner - What’s next in Applications Development?With a huge training budget and dedicated 'training days’ holiday allowance for every member of the company, you’ll be given the tools to not only get the best now, but enable the company to stay ahead of changing technology and skill sets.
- A strong technical background, ideally you will have come up through the ranks as a software engineer (a .NET background would be great but other technical backgrounds will be considered). Although technical BA, Testing, Project Management etc. equally valid routes.
LOCATION: Very central Manchester City Centre location - near Deansgate and a short walk from Piccadilly or Victoria station and a number of nearby tram stops. Relaxed, friendly office commutable from Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Staffordshire.
Package: An excellent package. Solid base likely around £50-60k but importantly, what you’re worth more than a salary scale or 'years of experience’. We’re not stuck on certain pay grades. Lots of benefits, usual pension etc, ongoing training allowance, regular team lunches, loads of smaller 'perks’.
KEYWORDS: Software Development Manager, Team Leader, Development Lead, Delivery Manager, Software Project Manager, Senior Lead Developer, Technical Consultant, Technical Lead, SCRUM, .NET, Agile, TDD, ASP.NET. MVC, C#, ADO.NET, LINQ, XML, Business Analysis, Development, Testing, Delivery. Agile.
Guarantee: Full confidentiality. Sheald are unique in approach, we work very closely with a small number of clients. You’ll be spoken to directly by a senior member of Sheald and given full details to ensure a match for the culture and role before your application progresses to the CTO. You’ll be guaranteed full confidentiality throughout the process.
If we haven’t talked yet, we probably should.
- Development Management
- IT Development
- Project Planning