The role of the Software Development Engineer at one of our growing clients entails developing applications and supporting applications, i.e. Development Operations, within Technology. It means developing business applications, enhance existing and 3rd line support for developed applications and the interfaces to other applications.
ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Application Development involves working with ones direct reports and colleagues to make sure business applications and systems are fit for purpose and operate well with high availability.
Project management by participation in projects requiring development and/or projects which may introduce other systems development planning and implementing individual projects or by owning key tasks in technology related projects as necessary.
Vendor management by working alongside the Head of Application Development and other Tech colleagues with key technology suppliers to make sure optimum levels of service and support, providing a conduit by which the supplier can understand the company needs and requirements and supporting the compnay need to ensure value for money.
Client focus by always seeking to understand business needs and making sure high service levels are maintained.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
The responsibilities of the Software Development Engineer include:
Software Development and Development Operations
- To keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies
- To achieve consistent high standards of quality deliverables
- To write clean and healthy structured, well documented code
- To build future-proof reusable core code libraries, which can be shared, in-order to drive further efficiencies throughout the team
- To deliver code which is well tested and consistently error free
- To design and build database schemas with integrity and scalability with data access layers that are optimised for performance and security
- To use your experience when reviewing and auditing legacy code
- To assist in critical support issues where your experience is required to ascertain the issue quickly and to find the more appropriate resolution
- To play a key role in critical support instances and resolve issues as soon as possible
- To support a culture of promoting new ideas or up-sell opportunities within the team for our clients
- To engage in pro-active discussions with client delivery and account management teams
- As member of the development team to provide the right level of technical input to other Tech teams
- To make sure written reports and are written and adhere to brand/template and client communication is at an excellent and professional level
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A skilled software developer ample experience working with most of the following:
- Frameworks and APIs: Angular 2+, HTML5, CSS3, SVG, .Net, etc.
- Operating Systems: MacOS X, Android, Windows, Windows Servr and NT, Linux, Unix and variants
- Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce quality written documentation
- Good working knowledge of major social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Experience at advising key stakeholders
This is a new and exciting role. We are looking for someone who wants to grow and develop within this exciting organisation
Only relevant candidates will be contacted
- Application Development
- Software Development
- Development Operations
- Software Engineers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'