A leading travel company based in London are seeking a Software Development Engineer with Big Data experience on a contract until December 2019.
You will be part of an engineering team that is seeking an innovative, intellectually curious, results-oriented Software Development Engineer who have experience with Spark, Scala and Kotlin
A Software Development Engineer will use big data technology to create best-in-industry analytics and automation capability. This position is an opportunity to use Scala, Spark, and AWS ecosystems to achieve micro-batch and streaming analytics for TB's worth of data.
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Excellent Java and Scala Skills
- Experience working with AWS
- Proficiency in Spark optimisation techniques with large datasets
- Laser-like focus on delivery
- Experience with scoping ambiguous business requirements to a concrete set of work
- Solve for the big picture
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
If you feel you fit the above criteria, please apply today.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'