Software Development Engineer - Java 8
My client, a global powerhouse within the online travel industry, is looking for a Software Developer Engineer to join their team in London on an initial 12 month contract.
Our team is responsible for providing low latency and high-volume services that have direct impact on revenue generation. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) who is passionate about building robust, scalable and highly available web applications.
As an SDE I, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an Agile environment to drive improvements to our software architecture, design and code. You will have the opportunity to work with business and engineering leaders, and influence product vision and design of our systems.
- Design and build software by writing clean and thoroughly tested code.
- Improve quality, delivery and operation & support aspects of software.
- Work closely with Technical Product Manager to define roadmaps and backlogs.
- Analyse, debug and resolve production and non-production issues.
- RESTful API development experience with Java, especially Java 8.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Data Structures, and Algorithms.
- Proficiency in automated testing with frameworks like Junit, TestNG, etc.
- Experience with AWS technologies, and competence in SQL and NoSQL data stores.
- Evidence of self-learning and a passion to learn new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Working experience with low latency and high throughput applications.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies with DevOps mind-set.
- Understanding of operational and non-functional requirements.
- Previous experience of using caching data stores e.g. Redis.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.