My client is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth.
The Software Development Engineer in Test role will work on the Software Testing team and help build high quality automated tests and test harnesses written in Python using Selenium web driver libraries to test our application portfolio suite in an automated fashion. This role serves as an integral member of a global Agile Product Development team to design, build, test and deliver technology products to our external or internal clients. The automated testing work being done is cutting edge and seeks to rival automated test frameworks found in successful technology focused companies around the globe. You will develop and integrate high quality automated tests for products built on the latest software architecture patterns and platforms; you will be part of a forward-thinking and technology focused Testing team that seeks to leverage and develop the latest and greatest in the field of automated testing to deliver the client's products to the market place.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in a technology related discipline, such as IT or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in an Object Oriented programming language such as Python, C#, or Java, preferably Python
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of SDLC process. Experience in Agile/Scrum framework is required.
- Beginner SQL skills in tuning/optimization of T-SQL and database optimization
- Intermediate knowledge of using development tools such as PyCharm, Visual Studio, or Eclipse
- Intermediate to advanced skills in API based automated test development
- Intermediate skills in writing T-SQL
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Unit Testing
- Intermediate knowledge of tools and techniques used in manual testing
- Intermediate to advance skills in UI automated test development
- Deeply understands practices of agile software development
Knowledge in profiling an application and profiling concepts would be beneficial.
Please note that if you do not hear a response within 10 working days, your application has not been successful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job