Bridgend / remote working (candidates must be able to travel to Bridgend 2 days per week)
To £45K plus extensive benefits package
Due to the secure nature of the projects, candidates must hold or be eligible to hold UK Security Clearance to SC level.
Position & job role summary:
Our client is looking for talented Software Developers to form part of a new Service DevOps team; primarily responsible for providing application management and support for a number of critical client systems. The role includes defect investigations, coding, building, testing and maintenance of software systems. Subject to experience, there will be an opportunity to coach junior support / developers. Your work will be predominantly project based and of a highly secure nature.
Essential skills required:
- Backend Java development experience
- Experience of modern source code management approaches
- Experience of development using open source technologies
- Experience of troubleshooting complex technical issues
- Experience of dealing with difficult issues on the server side
- Awareness of DevOps and Agile Principles
- Understanding of industry standards and best practice
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn continuously and actively grow your career
You will also have Commercial experience with 1 or more of the following:
- Java 7 / 8
- Oracle Database
Desirable skills also include:
- Front End UI experience
- Experience of SOA, middleware and microservices
- Experience of application servers and/or serverless technologies
- Experience of working in an application support and development environment
- Experience of development and deployment in a cloud containerised environment
- Experience of Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Experience of using Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Experience of working in an ITIL Environment
- Knowledge of Documentum Content Management
About the company:
Our client is a global Tier 1 company involved in many leading mission critical projects. They are highly regarded within the industry and are one of the largest independent technology & business services firms in the world.
They consider employees as highly valued members of the business and offer extensive progression opportunities for those wishing to move further in their career on a local, national or global scale.
- Backend Development
- Open Source
- Software Development
- Server Side
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'