Software Developer - The opportunity
Our client provides technology solutions for leading global Telecoms companies, particularly in the Satellite space, as well as developing their own cutting-edge products for deployment into highly novel, global wireless communications solutions.
Due to growing demand from their customers, as well as the continued progression of their own product set, they are looking to hire two talented software developers.
These roles will have plenty of variety, working with global customers on very important projects as well as playing an important part in the development of the company's own product portfolio. With that in mind, there is a degree of flexibility in terms of the specifics of candidates' experience, and the genuine opportunity to cross-train and learn new skills.
The most important thing our client is looking for is a passion for creating robust software that serves a real purpose and a sound understanding of the principles of good software engineering and best practice.
Software Developer - The best bits...
You'll be joining a highly talented team of engineers that covers a huge range of disciplines across the full lifecycle of developing leading-edge software and hardware for global wireless communications networks.
You'll be addressing some very interesting engineering challenges and working with emerging technologies, for example the new generation of small satellites and High Alititude Platforms.
There are loads of different directions you can progress within this company, either as a software engineer focusing on enhancing your existing skillset, or into other technical areas or even into more client-facing roles if that's your thing.
Software Developer - Duties
- Development and maintenance of software for internal and external customers
- Architectural design, detailed design, coding and test
- Working in a Agile team, using high productivity tools
- Both front-end and back-end development
- Developing solutions around Software-Defined Networking, Satellite Network Monitoring and Automated Test solutions
- Use of Service-Oriented Architecture and DevOps
Software Developer - Requirements
- Experience in OO development - ideally Java
- An understanding of good software engineering principles
- Good documentation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Satellite Comms isn't required but would be beneficial
- Any of these would be useful: Cucumber, Gherkin, Jenkins, HP-QT
- A willingness and ability to go through Security Clearance
- Software Development
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'