Recruitment Agency reference: 6719190
A position has arisen for a Software Developer within a world-leading applied research and development organisation based in Reading. The successful Software Developer will take a hands-on approach in a vast number of projects which will benefit the companies environmental data orientated clients.
The successful candidate must have a proven ability to work on own initiative to succeed in this intellectually challenging role.
- Playing a vital part in the development of dashboards and products that will allow raw data obtained from satellites and other environmental data capture procedures to be translated into meaningful outcomes
- The dashboards and products will be provided to partner governments and global large clients
- Working alongside 5 other developers to assist with the commercial environmental risk project
- Providing expertise in data analysis and/or software development. The end users of these projects will be varied, including commercial decision-makers, analysts, researchers, policymakers and the public
- Completing software development tasks may include developing web-based tools (client-side and server-side), implementing scientific algorithms and other similar tasks
- Completing data analysis tasks may include statistical analysis and modelling, data visualisation, data mining and application of "big data" tools and techniques
- Communicating effectively and professionally with end-users of these tools, other stakeholders (e.g. system administrators) and the wider community, including understanding of user and market needs; requirements gathering, analysis and refinement and presentation of work, both orally (e.g. meetings, workshops and conferences) and in writing (e.g. papers and reports).
- Producing high-quality documentation for end users, developers and system administrators
- Providing tailored training/consultancy to clients/end users and ongoing support in dealing with any enquiries/queries regarding product after-care
- Communicating via face-to-face meetings, remote tele- and videoconferencing and through written documentation
- Contributing to the design of future projects and applications for funding by providing expert technical input
The successful candidate will have:
- Full Stack Development experience
- Acting as a self-starter and have proven ability to work on own initiative
- Product development experience
- Product rollout experience
This would be an ideal role for a Software Developer wanting to be part of an exciting organisation who are truly making a global stamp in environmental data. You will be reporting to the CTO and will be an integral part of the development team.
To apply for this role or to find out about other Development roles, please contact Sam in the Recruitment team on or
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"