Software Developer £30,000 - £50,000
You will be working for an award-winning company renowned for their staff reward and recognition, and ranked as one of the Top 30 Big Companies to Work For.
To design, develop, deliver and maintain enterprise calibre software to be used both internally by business users and externally by our clients and customers. As part of a small flexible team of developers, analysts and testers the candidate will be expected to deliver production quality code in regular release cycles.
The role would suit a candidate with strong front-end skills and some exposure to server side .NET development.
- Work as part of an agile team. Interact with team members and relevant business personnel to identify requirements and propose pragmatic solutions which add business value and analyse requirements and produce software that is fit for purpose with the minimum level of complexity to meet stated objectives.
- Make technical design decisions in line with team standards and strategy while working with team members to integrate business logic and presentation into a final product.
- Produce testable, maintainable and functioning code for designated solutions and engage with test analysts to direct testing activities to ensure adequate coverage of unit, system and acceptance testing, define appropriate test cases and fixing any bugs found during testing.
- Help the team to drive improvements in the areas of technology and process to improve efficiency and quality within the team. This could include attending and arranging knowledge sharing sessions with various development teams.
- Perform the configuration and release of designated systems, ensuring that practical controls are followed to maximise quality and availability of production systems.
- Maintain strong governance and follow best practice with regards to SDLC & overall architecture
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of building single page applications would be ideal.
- Knowledge of front end development pipeline tech such as NPM or bower.
- Knowledge or experience of mobile site development and responsive layouts possibly including frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap would also be beneficial.
- Good experience with UX design principles and best practice front end patterns.
- Experience of server-side development with C# is would be beneficial although not essential.
- Exposure to Agile methodologies including SCRUM or Kanban would be of value.
- Familiarity with TFS and Git as both an agile project management tool and source control would be ideal although not essential.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary of £30,000 - £50,000 depending on experience, coupled with an excellent benefits package