Curtis Banks are looking for a Software Developer to join our Software Department within our Bristol office in order to provide IT support to users throughout the company.
As a Software Developer you will provide an essential role in design and development of new web functionality; maintaining the existing application and website functionality, including bug fixing, deployments, database administration and assisting end users.
The position and duties will include;
- Understand the overall architecture of the Curtis Banks Secure Portal, including its server installation environment.
- Work closely with the Business Analysts in the change team to translate requirements, use cases, and ideas from the business, putting them into working web applications under guidance
- Work within the boundaries of the software release life-cycle, including delivery and implementation of releases.
- Document solution designs to the specification agreed with the Lead Software Developer and Head of Change.
- Design and develop new web functionality for the Secure Portal and other systems, where appropriate, integrating 3rd party software where needed.
- Maintain the existing application and website functionality, including bug fixing, deployments, database administration and assisting end users with technical issues.
- Triage support requests raised by the business.
- Maintain scripting on the web server; assist with debugging, fixing issues with the server environment.
- Provide mentor-ship to junior developers, including helping them to work to best practices.
- Assist the lead software developer and head of change with the estimation of time to complete software projects.
- Comply with the agreed development methodology and standards.
Candidate should possess experience in a commercial environment, working with customers and technical knowledge of:
- Languages: PHP - including OOP and modern MVC framework use, HTML, CSS, SQL - MySQL & TSQL.
- Frameworks and Tools: Yii 1.x, Angular 1.x, JQuery, LESS, SASS, Bootstrap, cURL
- Server Administration: LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) setup, SSH, bash, command line administration, Virtual Host configuration in Apache
A full job description is available on request.
This is a full time vacancy
Office hours are: 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Thursday & 9.00am - 5.00pm Friday (37 hours)
Start date: Immediately
All candidates will be asked to confirm their eligibility to work in the UK at interview stage and to provide evidence of it on appointment. Please note that successful candidates will be subject to a criminal records and personal credit check.