Polkadotfrog are working closely with a growing team with a exciting opportunity to join a dynamic company developing, manufacturing, and distributing cutting edge products. As part of a small / medium software development team you will have the opportunity to make a major contribution to the company.
As the Software Developer you will be working on PHP and / or C# projects. You will support the development of the company’s existing IoT connected products, and help bring new connected products to the market. Over the coming year this will include the continued development and maintenance of an IoT server, API, administration system, simulated hardware, CRM integration and database.
Applicants shall have experience working on development maintenance and scalability where you have developed in C# and PHP. You will be experienced in refactoring code to allow for scalability and ideally have some experience light front-end web development.
Skills & Experience
- Strong C# and/or PHP Development skills, with a backend/server-side focus
- Experience developing REST web services, consumed by mobile/web applications
- Experience working with key-value stores such as Redis
- Logical thinker, with careful attention to detail
- Interested in working in the IoT and connected space
- Capable of working alone, as well as in a team to deliver to the business requirements
Desirable - not essential:
- Experience using either:
o C#: ReSharper and Visual Studio
o PHP: PhpStorm or WebStorm
- Knowledge of Docker, Mono, Elastic Beanstalk (AWS), S3 (AWS), SNS (AWS), SES (AWS), Xamarin, Git, Redis, MySQL
- Have worked with either:
o C# - Nuget, Linq, Dapper, Autofac, Newtonsoft.Json, StackExchange.Redis, M2Mqtt
o PHP - Laravel, Predis
- Experience working in an Agile team, joining stand-ups, providing timescales, showing demos and taking part in the planning and retrospective processes.
- Experience working with asynchronous code
- Comfortable working with binary communication protocols