Stanmore Quality Surfacing Ltd is looking for a Software Developer.
SQS has a dynamic and fast expanding IT & Systems department. We develop the industry leading 'Ontrack’ works management system in addition to supporting and maintaining a variety of business systems. Our technical stack is based on the latest system development technologies as we build test and deliver cloud based solutions for desktop and mobile.
In order to fast track the development of our bespoke software, we are now looking for a Software Developer to join our expanding Systems Development team.
The Software Developer will work within the Systems Development team to develop web based applications. A successful candidate will be working with the Systems Architect and other software developers to plan, develop and systems test the in house system and associated applications.
Key Responsibilities of the Software Developer role:
- Develop the Ontrack application set based on supplied system requirements and specifications.
- Use front/back end web application technologies Angular (2+), Node JS, RDBMS and NoSQL as specified by the agreed Ontrack architecture and technical stack to develop new applications.
- Manage source code using the specified management tools (Git).
- System test and work with QA Test and Business Analysts to quality check developed applications.
- Use Jira to manage work as part of a Scrum methodology.
- As required, provide Ontrack and iOS App support to business and customer end users.
- Liaise with IT help desk, coordinating issues through to resolution.
Communication & Other Duties
- Good inter-personal communications.
- Good problem solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to pick something up quickly, develop productively and produce optimised working code to a short deadline.
- Attend IT and Systems meetings as required, ensuring active participation bringing issues, proposals and resolutions to the table.
- Provide excellent communication ensuring business and users are kept fully informed at all times.
- When required, support other IT/Systems colleagues with work priorities.
- Communication Skills
- Angular & Node JS