Can you picture yourself working in a fresh, innovative FinTech in Cardiff who are challenging the market and bringing Finance to the 21st Century?
My client, The fastest growing Fintech organisation in Wales. Their finance and cloud based technology has resulted in sales rocketing to the top and we have a few awards on the journey too. Nothing short of ambitious, and are seeking dynamic, like-minded individuals to join the team.
I am looking for people who have great ideas. The game-changers and the rule-breakers!
The vision is transparent, the working environment is unique and every employee shares the success; they are a million miles away from the corporate finance environment!
This is where you come in. We are looking for a Software Engineer to be part of our Cardiff office. You will join a team of folk who are talented, ambitious and forward thinking. You will play a huge part in the success story by helping to design, develop and test high-quality and innovative web based software solutions.The Challenge:
- Writing well designed, testable and efficient code
- Working within cross-skilled, agile teams, developing maintainable, efficient web applications
- Estimating tasks and contributing to project planning exercises.
- Manage tasks effectively and accurately track and report on work status.
- Investigating and embracing new technologies and languages
- Continuously improving best practices, standards, and processes to deliver high quality software solutions
- Passionate about Software Engineering
- Familiarity with AnguarJS (1.x) and RxJS
- Knowledge of the HTTP lifecycle and an understanding of Web Services using REST or WCF
- Exposure to a variety of Database technologies and Object Relational Mappers (ORMs). Postgres, RavenDB and NHibernate would be advantageous.
- An understanding of core software design and development concepts e.g. Object Oriented vs Functional, S.O.L.I.D principles
- Knowledge of common software development and architectural patterns
- Understands all aspects of the software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.)
- A self starter and motivated learner
- Works well in a team with good communication skills
Kickass employees need kickass benefits, that's why we've crafted the perfect package to suit everyone's tastes. Including nearly everything (no office dogs, yet) our employees need to produce their best!
- 28 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Private Medical Insurance
- 2 days charity leave per year
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Ride to work
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Childcare Vouchers
- Recruitment Bonus
- Fresh Fruit, Breakfast, Snacks and Drinks
- Beer Fridge
- Free Takeaways
- And so much more...