As a Developer, you will join our growing team working on on-line recruitment applications. Your responsibilities will involve developing new features and modules for our recruitment products based on Ruby on Rails and branding public facing recruitment solutions to meet client-branding requirements. In addition, the role involves assisting our Applications Support Team in deploying application updates, troubleshooting/resolving support issues and testing new product features.
You will have experience in web design and development and an in depth knowledge of current web design trends and techniques. Experience of designing GUI's and integration with relational databases is also required.
You should be able to provide a strong online portfolio displaying user centered design with web database solutions. A working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and developing for mobile devices is essential.
We use Agile and Kanban methodologies, to ensure we can build features rapidly, whilst maintaining the high quality our clients expect. We provide our developers with all the necessary tools they need to execute their jobs in terms of both hardware and software. You can expect an open and relaxed working environment, working with a team of talented developers and designers.
- Development of new features and modules for our online recruitment system based on Ruby on Rails
- Branding public facing recruitment portals to meet client branding requirements
- Assisting the Application Support Team in deploying application updates, troubleshooting/resolving support issues and testing new product features
- Participation in an Agile development methodology (Kanban)
- Development of automated tests and adoption of a Test Driven Design (TDD) methodology
Key experience & skills required:
- Experience developing commercial web applications using one or more of the following frameworks or languages; Ruby on Rails, Python, Java, .NET, PHP or similar
- Passion for programming
- Knowledge of relational database design and SQL
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies
- Experience with RSpec and Capybara test frameworks an advantage
- Ruby on Rails
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job