Software Developer Technician Apprentice
Astec are proud to provide opportunities for the next generation of IT professionals through apprenticeships. Over the years we have nurtured a number of highly skilled and accomplished apprentices into our technical teams and you could be next.
As a Gold Microsoft Partner, our team train to work with the latest cloud first technology, helping our customers build modern businesses, charities & schools to succeed.
We are looking to recruit a Software Developer Technician and you could be just the person we’re looking for.
This is an apprenticeship opportunity, for people aged over 16, under the National Apprenticeship Scheme leading to industry recognised qualification.
It is approximately a 1 year programme with a combination of distance and on the job learning. In this role you will get paid while you learn!
A bit about you …
You are a motivated, focused, organised individual with a hunger and passion for all things technology.
You take in pride in what you do and want a chance to prove that you can be the best.
You love dealing with people and solving problems.
You are a great communicator.
You are confident in your abilities, but you are a team player.
You are logical with an attention to detail.
You thrive when working under pressure.
You want to grow and are motivated to always learn more.
You will be the sort of person who is relentless in the pursuit of delivering more than is expected with exceptional quality.
Is this you?
Then read on …
Title / position: Software Developer Technician Apprentice Role
- Writing simple code for software components
- Design and implementation of new functionality within the software/website
- Ongoing maintenance and bug fixes that arise within the software as well as providing “front line support” to other colleagues and customers using it
- Running system reports
- Developing simple connections between code and defined data sources
- Supporting the build and test stages of the software development lifecycle
- Developing user interfaces as appropriate to the organisations development standards
Desired skills and qualities:
- Great communicator
- Confident in your abilities
- A team player
- Logical with an attention to detail
- You thrive when working under pressure
As well as:
- Having a full UK driving licence would be an advantage but not essential (we appreciate that you might not yet be old enough or had an opportunity to learn and pass a driving test yet).
- We’re not looking for a 9.00 to 5.00 mentality. Although a lot of what we do is around standard office hours, there is often the need to work to suit our customers which could mean out of hours cover and project work.
- You will be someone who is prepared to go the extra mile and always do what is needed to deliver the very best service.
You need to have 7 GCSE’s:
- English GCSE (or equivalents) at grade D or above
- 6x GCSE’s, including Maths, at grade A-C
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
8:30am - 5:30pm,
Monday - Friday.
- In addition to your training and qualifications, you will receive an apprenticeship salary of £10,400 per annum.
- You will also receive 20 days paid holiday (rising to 23 days between 5 and 10 years’ service) in addition to public holidays.
- Successful completion of the apprenticeship and a high standard of performance during the programme will potentially lead to an offer of employment as a qualified Helpdesk Technician within our support department.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'