My client based in Enfield, London, are seeking an experienced Java Software Developer.
This is a diverse hands-on role. The key area is the development of our in-house Java application but other tasks at short notice may involve working with different languages specifically C#, VB.NET, VB6 and PHP.
• To develop end-user software solutions.
• To develop production and scheduling software.
• To participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
• Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents.
• Perform coding to written technical specifications.
• Investigate, analyse and document reported defects.
• Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
• Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses
• At least 2 years experience in Java, Enterprise Java Beans, SQL and Web development technologies on the Java platform
• JEE - Java Enterprise Edition
• Front End - JSF
• Back End - EJB / JPA / JMS
• Sound understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
• Understanding of Object Oriented analysis
• Knowledge of database architecture and design
• Exposure to at least one of: SQL Server, Oracle.
• JSF (Java Server Faces) - is one of the main Java technologies we use
Beneficial Technical Skills:
• Understanding of GUI design
• Use of one or more of the following languages : C#, VB.NET, VB6, PHP
• Html, JS, CSS, SOAP, EJB3, JPA, JSF2, JSON development would be beneficial
• Experience of using Eclipse & Visual Studio development environments
• Exposure to Java mail, XML, database triggers, and stored procedures
• Report writing using Jasper Reports or Crystal Reports
• Knowledge of MySQL, JBoss and Apache
• Full lifecycle development and version control
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear IT Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.