Software Developer | Java Developer | Scala Engineer (Java / Scala / No SQL / Agile)
This role represents an excellent opportunity to join quite a young and vibrant team in an established and highly reputable software company. This team is focused on delivering innovative software solutions within an Agile environment with a growing focus on the effective use of Functional Programming, Machine Learning across large complex systems.
Java Developer / Scala Engineer Skills Required:
- Strong skills in software OO design and development.
- Significant Java or Scala experience in complex environments
- Knowledge of Spring, NoSQL, IoT / Cloud would be advantageous.
- An understanding of enterprise architecture
- Advanced knowledge of server side development and Linux platforms
- Advocate of Agile / Kanban principles
- Some experience of other big data technologies and Open Source technologies would always be of interest; e.g. NoSQL, Hadoop, GoLang, Python, Angular.JS, Backbone.JS, Node.JS etc.
- Some commercial, academic or personal experience of Functional Programming techniques (ideally commercial but personal projects or academic experience considered) ideally with components of the TypeSafe stack; Scala, Akka and Play.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to interact with both internal and external clients
- A strong academic track record would be preferable but not essential
- Reading, Basingstoke, Oxford to name a few.
£40,000 - £65,000 + company benefits (multiple roles available) depending on experience.
Glenn Rose @ reQiva Digital Careers
- Machine Learning
- Software Solutions
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job