Software Developer | Java | OOP | Linux | GUI
This is an excellent opportunity for engineers with commercial Java programming experience, who would thrive in a challenging and innovative environment in Central Hertfordshire. The role will give you the opportunity to devise new and enhance existing software features and work across the full SDLC within the SatCom sector.
Having been around for several years now the company have earned themselves an excellent reputation on a global scale for the innovation and quality of their software applications.
The requirements all include a deep understanding of object oriented development and there will be plenty of opportunity to learn within the role, as many projects coming up now involve functional and cross functional programming.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Be involved across the full SDLC of the design and development of innovative software applications
- Work on a range of tools using a diverse technology stack and be heavily involved with new projects involving functional programming
Java Engineer Required Skills:
- Commercial Java experience.
- Software engineering skills in Object Oriented languages that may include Java, , C++, Python or Jython.
- Ideally having knowledge of UNIX-like operating systems.
- Willingness to cross train to other OOP languages.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to fit in with teams of varying size and seniority.
- A strong academic track record. Likely qualifications may include BSc in a computing, scientific, mathematical or engineering discipline.
** Please note that due to the nature of the projects and client portfolio sponsorship is not available and Security Clearance is required, either to already be in place or able to be achieved within the next 12 months **
Watford, Luton, Hitchin, Stevenage and the M1 / A1 corridor in general.
Salary depending on experience / qualifications:
£25,000 - £35,000
Glenn Rose @ reQiva Digital Careers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job