As an experienced software developer you will work within an existing team as a senior developer to manage and deliver Java applications on AWS infrastructure in support of thePhone App and other 3rd party applications, including the Web site. You will be expected to work closely with external suppliers to ensure that their work and yours are aligned in order to deliver effectively.
You will be expected to share your knowledge with others in the team and to coach less experienced team members.
• Support, maintain and extend existing code on premise and in the cloud (currently AWS) infrastructure.
• Support, train and educate more junior team members, including initial training in the applicable technologies
• Work closely with release teams to ensure the secure delivery of fixes into the live environment
• Take responsibility and lead on smaller pieces of work, including planning, scoping and estimation
• Supervise the team in the absence of senior staff
• Fully engage with existing tools and processes to ensure visible reporting of effort and progress
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
• A degree in computer science, computing or other numerate subject, or equivalent experience.
• Experience of developing in a cloud environment
• Ability to identify issues in existing applications and implement efficient, effective solutions in a timely manner
• Evidence of an ability to participate effectively in a team environment and be able to work independently on allocated tasks.
• Enthusiasm for and understanding of how to provide a professional, high-quality service and work to demanding deadlines.
• An ability to communicate with stakeholders to advise on progress and interpret requirements.
• Training and mentoring experience and a willingness to share knowledge in a collaborative environment
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in the opportunity, please apply with an up to date CV at your earliest convenience.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'