Software Developer in Test
We are seeking a Software Engineer in Test for our FTSE 250 Financial Client. We are looking for an Engineer who has a passion for quality, focusing on the delivery of automated functional and user acceptance testing of complex web applications.
You will be working in a dedicated product team providing quality, test and automation expertise support for the project working closely with developers in an agile team, taking a partially automated test environment to the next level, implementing a more structured automated process. Analysing business requirements, defining test strategy, building test plans and developing test tools and scripts. This includes raising defects and working with the team to ensure efficient resolution. Provide estimates and updates to the QA and Development Managers to allow accurate project scheduling. Working with the team to provide and maintain an effective Continuous Integration pipeline. Providing technical leadership and mentoring for other members of QA and product teams. Contributing to defining test and development processes, and standards for the company.
Experience / Skills:
- Extensive experience of implementing test automation for web services, web applications, and server processes.
- Advanced capability with test automation tools (ideally Selenium WebDriver, Protractor).
- Database skills with confident SQL expertise.
- Experience of functional testing of API’s .
- Working in continuous integration environment.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with ticketing and workflow systems (ideally TFS).
- Performance and load testing experience would be beneficial.
- A passion for quality and building effective automation and tools.
- Good eye for detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- A proactive and energetic person with a desire to contribute collaboratively to the development of the team and the company.