Our client are a fast growing software business.
They now require a Front End Software Developer to join their successful team.
The Software Developer encapsulates several specific responsibilities including:
- Develop software solutions to agreed timescales, standards and KPIs. Inform the PMO function immediately about any and all events that may affect delivery to these criteria.
- Build on extant abilities in web service development using the appropriate languages and technologies, including VB.NET and ASP.NET, demonstrating a desire to work to expert level
- Ensure that the appropriate quality of development and documentation is achieved through the understanding and adoption of best practices in appropriate software development techniques, including coding standards.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for delivery of projects, BAU requests and bugs.
- Work within a mixed environment; understanding of Agile and Waterfall methodologies where appropriate.
- Strive continually to improve the efficiency of company processes, through the most appropriate use of technology.
- Make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT Software.
- Liaise with appropriate technical contacts to create new solutions and improve existing ones.
- In addition to the above, undertake any additional duties as may reasonably be required.
The successful candidate must have, and be able to demonstrate:
- Strong commercial experience of Microsoft .NET technologies, preferably VB.NET and ASP.NET
- Experience of SQL
- Experience of technologies such as
- Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Web Service Enhancement (WCF)
- It is also useful to have excellent experience of technologies such as
- Experience of working with a Source Control and Management system such as Team Foundation Server
- Experience of webservices and other API technologies
- The ability to work unsupervised to agreed time scales and deliverables.
- The ability to work and communicate effectively within a team of peers and others.
- Capturing and formally documenting requirements.
- Demonstrably undertake full Developer Testing and participate in Code Review as part of the Software Development Lifecycle and PCI Requirements
- Communicating effectively throughout the development process to customers, suppliers and the PMO, as appropriate.
- Discover new insights about the business in the larger market and society based on an understanding of business trends.
Excellent package offered to the successful candidate.
- Agile Environment
- WCF Services