Software Developer - Glasgow - 35-45k
Your new company
Our client is a renowned government-owned organisation, with headquarters opening in Glasgow city centre. They are currently undergoing a major digital transformation, which is impacting the entire business. They are currently creating a highly skilled software delivery team to deliver an architectural platform.
Your new role
Our client has an opportunity for an experienced Software Developer to join the team. You will play a key role in working within the Digital Delivery Team, keeping up to date with the latest technologies. The software delivery team will be involved in supporting and maintaining customer focused and transactional applications, for the use of stakeholders. You will be working towards developing best practise, to ultimately enhance the systems for the customer and business user experience.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of TDD and BDD
- Commercial Java experience
- Extensive experience of Oracle PL/SQL or SQL
- Effectively work both within a team, and individually
- Work well with source control systems
- Experience in a large OLTP Development Environment
- UX experience would be desirable
- Excellent skills in Data Warehousing, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Netezza
- Strong experience in reporting tools such as, Microstrategy and Business Objects.
- Strong experience in ETI products such as Talend, InfoSphere, Informatica, Microsoft SSIS, Data Visualisation, Data Discovery, QLIKview, Tableau and Spotfire
What you'll get in return
You have a chance to earn a salary of 30-45k in an environment that offers flexible working and an exceptional work life balance. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an exciting and challenging environment, and gain a place within the market which will help future progression.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.