The Police Mutual Group is a successful organisation that sets itself challenging goals. We are currently transforming and growing to make sure we continue to deliver our purpose - to improve the lives of our Police members and Military customers.
To help us achieve our goals, we are currently recruiting for an experienced IT Developer with an excellent knowledge of C#. Net. The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of working in an Agile environment, with the desire to develop high quality and maintainable code, and an ability to communicate effectively with non-technical colleagues and, above all, a willingness to learn and a keen eye for detail.
In this role you will...
- Develop, maintain and support enterprise-level software system using departmental agreed technologies, tooling, processes and procedures.
- Work with our Senior Developers and Architects to design, develop and enhance new and existing products.
- Follow Agile engineering practices.
- Develop to agreed milestones and ensure project run in accordance to a set of targets.
- Ensure development is carried out to the department policy, procedures and technical/process standards.
- Work with the business to ensure solutions which meet the business’s needs.
What we need from you...
- Strong experience of C# .NET and SQL is essential for this role.
- Strong development patterns, especially SOLID principles.
- Experience of developing web services using WebAPI and WCF.
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced, changeable environment and to prioritise workload
- Highly organised and analytical with strong attention to detail
We provide a great working environment and offer a fantastic Employee Benefits package including; a competitive salary complemented by 24 days holiday (this increases with service) plus bank holidays; life assurance; private healthcare PLUS flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, discounts on financial products and consumer goods.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this challenging and rewarding role, then please apply now!
- Software Development
- Web Development
- Agile Environment