C# .NET "software developer"
C# or .NET Software Developers for a communications solutions provider
£55k to £80k base plus benefits
Bracknell (some flex for home working)
A brief description of the main purpose of the role:
Software Developers integrate applications into our platform for customers. They ensure applications function fully and speak to customer systems and our platform, for instance by API or SFTP. From design, development, testing, deploying and maintaining up-to-date applications and services, they enable our business to deliver mission-critical communications solutions for customers.
3-5 major areas of responsibility with a brief description of the expected activities
- Write code in appropriate languages, principally C# or .NET.
- Design the architecture of new application components and achieve internal sign off for development specifications where required.
- Develop back-end applications and features to meet customer/project requirements.
- Use the company’s chosen methodology/process eg Agile.
- Thoroughly test new features or developments to make sure they perform the desired task correctly in all cases. Test sites / applications in different environments as necessary.
- Work with Quality Assurance teams/processes to validate builds ready for launch.
- Launch development projects, staying available to ensure success. Ensure all change processes are followed.
- Ensure appropriate documentation/updates are provided to relevant colleagues/customers.
Maintenance & improvement
- Problem solve and fix bugs as discovered/reported.
- Perform ongoing maintenance or upgrade of the platform as required, following internal change procedures at all times.
- Review colleagues’ code and work as required prior to changes.
- Build and maintain databases when relevant.
- Share ideas and work on projects for improving applications, process or the wider platform.
- Review projects/deployments and learn lessons to improve future performance.
- Design and pilot prototype applications where required.
- Stay up to date with trends and technological advancements in web development. Learn and test new technologies, frameworks and languages as relevant.
C# .NET "software developer" C# .NET "software developer" C# .NET "software developer" C# .NET "software developer"C# .NET "software developer"
- Software Development
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'