- Designing, implementing, refactoring and testing code (C#), following best practices for maintainability, testability and performance,
- Implementing unit tests (C#, NUnit), developing test frameworks and associated automated test cases,
- Reviewing and debugging code to identify defects, performance bottlenecks or technical debt,
- Working closely with test engineers to guarantee suitable test coverage, identifying and executing manual tests if necessary,
- Participating in sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups and sprint retrospectives, striving to continuously improve the team velocity, its processes and engineering practices,
- Working with the Product Owner to help create User Stories and define acceptance criteria,
- Documenting requirements analysis or design decisions,
- Mentoring junior members of the team and taking a lead role for some of the above activities.
- Mid/ Senior level software development experience using C# .NET,
- Extensive industry experience with full software development lifecycle: requirements capture and analysis, estimation, detailed software design, object-orientated software implementation, unit and system-level testing, installation and deployment,
- Extensive industry experience with software engineering best practices, processes and supporting tools,
- Ability to coordinate day-to-day development and bug fixing activities,
- Ability to design high-performance, scalable and extensible software architectures and algorithms which are also easy to test, debug and maintain,
Other highly desirable, but not essential skills are:
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment,
- Appreciation of current and emerging technologies along with their potential benefits and limitations,
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (Git), or other version control and CI systems,
- NUnit (or other unit testing frameworks),
- GUI design/implementation, or knowledge of standards, WPF or WinForms,
- Cloud Technologies (Azure),
- SQL Server (or other SQL databases),
- Passion for maths, statistics and complex algorithms.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'