Software Developer (ASP.NET & VB.NET)
Working for a leading Fintech (Financial Technology) organisation that has a global presence and based in South Manchester.
There are 2 Development roles available for both the front and back end teams, please see technologies used below, all applications will be considered against the relevant team.
Software Developer responsibilities:
- Develop software solutions to agreed timescales, standards and KPIs. Inform the PMO function immediately about any and all events that may affect delivery to these criteria.
- Build on extant abilities in web service development using the appropriate languages and technologies, including VB.NET and ASP.NET, demonstrating a desire to work to expert level
- Ensure that the appropriate quality of development and documentation is achieved through the understanding and adoption of best practices in appropriate software development techniques, including coding standards.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for delivery of projects, BAU requests and bugs.
- Work within a mixed environment; understanding of Agile and Waterfall methodologies where appropriate.
- Strive continually to improve the efficiency of company processes, through the most appropriate use of technology.
- Make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT Software.
- Liaise with appropriate technical contacts to create new solutions and improve existing ones.
- In addition to the above, undertake any additional duties as may reasonably be required.
Key skills and attributes
The successful candidate must have, and be able to demonstrate:
- Strong commercial experience of Microsoft .NET technologies, preferably VB.NET and ASP.NET
- Experience of SQL
- Experience of technologies such as
o Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
o Web Service Enhancement (WCE)
- Experience of working with a Source Control and Management system such as Team Foundation Server
- Experience of webservices and other API technologies
This opportunity offers a fantastic working environment, a bi-annual bonus scheme & pension.
- Software Development
- Web Service Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"