Software Delivery Manager - Permanent - Sutton
H&T began serving communities in London in 1897. Since then we have expanded to become one of the oldest and leading pawnbrokers in the UK. In recent years, H&T has accelerated its development by adding new products and services, expanding the store network and developing a complete online service. Our continued investment in the business and the communities we serve has resulted in us being the largest pawnbroker in the UK and Scotland.
With substantial and growing online presence, we are in need for a Software Delivery Manager to act as primary interface between our Off-Shore Software Development partners (Ukraine) and business stakeholders.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a great team and receive outstanding training and career development.
We have immediate interview availability, so please send your CV without delay for your best career move!
H&T are refreshing their line of business applications with the view to adopting the Microsoft Azure Cloud Services to underpin this initiative. We require a skilled Software Delivery Manager that can act as the primary interface between our Off-Shore Software Development partners and the internal business stakeholders to ensure overall project success.
- Manage moderately complex or complex projects end-to-end to deliver business outcomes, ensuring that the project is completed on time, within budget, and to a high level of business satisfactionin a dynamic and agile environment
- Lead and be accountable for project governance and reporting
- Manage engagement with key stakeholders including project sponsor, workstream leaders, delivery teams and 3rd party suppliers
- Develop and maintain detailed, robust, high-quality project plans including resources, scope, schedule, cost, assumptions, dependencies, etc., keeping plans updated through the project life cycle
- Understand the impact of scope changes and adjust project plans and communicate accordingly
- Work both as a Technical lead as well as a "high level" solution architect
- Lead the business requirements gathering process
- Ensure appropriate stakeholder management and engagement when agreeing and finalising the business requirements
- Work closely with the IT Development Manager and their off-shore counterparts along with internal Test & Operational/ Support teams
- Explore and recommend solutions to the project requirements
- Negotiate resource requirements with responsible management when faced with conflicts in priorities
- At least 10 years' experience of complex and major project management in equivalent sized business environments
- Experience in working with Off-Shore Software development teams, ideally from the Ukraine and managing/coordinating implementation of cloud-based solutions (preferably Microsoft Azure) using multiple suppliers
- Managing dependencies on internal Functions to drive delivery, e.g. Compliance, IT Developers, IT Support teams, IT Security and IT Operations teams
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Operate at both "low" and "high level" design stages
- Hands on Software Development focused background
- Highly technical background, with a genuine interest in new technology
- Hands on approach to Project Delivery
- Ability to manage budgets
- Risk and issue management
- Experience in Agile environments
- Business requirement elicitation and documentation
- Strong communication skills
- MS .Net & MS SQL delivery experience
- Team orientated with an ability to self-manage effectively
- Attention to detail
We are offering an excellent package including bonus and extensive benefits.
- Project Management
- Software Development
- Agile Environment
- MS SQL