One of the UK’s fastest growing financial services software companies employing innovative industry experts developing some of the best Award Winning technology available is seeking a Software Architect based in Kingston Upon Thames to join its expanding team.
You will receive a competitive salary, 25 days Annual Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection Plan, Pension Contributions, Private Medical Scheme and many other company incentives.
The company provide business management systems to Financial Advisers and Wealth Managers in the UK. It understands the adviser’s business and are relentless in delivering clever technology that makes their 15,000 user’s lives easier, reducing costs and increasing business opportunities. Altogether, their clients manage just under £200b of assets. With a CEO who insists on meeting every employee, this is a friendly, growing team and a great place to grow your career!
As the Software Architect, your duties will be to:
- Help shape, create, develop and evolve the architecture that underpins the company’s software products.
- Create models and component and interface specification documents for the architecture and articulate the architectural vision and realisation to enable teams to effectively understand and use the architecture to deliver business value.
- Prepare documents explaining the architecture to sponsors and stakeholders both internally and externally and to help ensure software delivery adheres to both internal and industry best practice.
- Ensure that the architecture enables the business to efficiently and rapidly deliver against the corporate and technology strategies.
- Be responsible and accountable for the design, development, delivery and support of the architecture software.
- Identify and address architectural challenges and agree technical priorities for the architecture.
To be a successful Software Architect you will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent Analysis and Design skills, and will have an excellent understanding of development methods and modelling techniques with an in-depth understanding of the pertinent technologies: Microsoft .NET framework, C# and Microsoft SqlServer.
- A graduate and a mad keen Technologist, participating actively in the technical community, scanning for technologies that offer opportunities to differentiate and able to assess the relative merits of technology changes against business need.
- Able to balance short term demands with the need to make progress towards long-term goals, you will relish the ability to incorporate technology trends into our technology strategy to help better address the corporate strategy.
- As a Subject Matter Expert, you will become a trusted advisor with your stakeholders and senior managers and developers.
- To get your message across at all levels, you will be a confident person able to articulate your point to people of all technical abilities.
- You will be an excellent developer yourself, and a natural technical problem solver, able to make technical leaps finding novel solutions.
- You will be calm in a busy, fast-paced technical environment and be an excellent mentor and coach.
- You will be a leader, great at building lasting relationships, able to sell the architectural vision to developers and project and team members.
- Software Development