Spencer Clarke Group are working closely with Hull City Council to appoint a Social Worker to their team.
Length of Contract - Initial 3-month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Location of Work - Hull Royal Infirmary
Rate of Pay - £28.00 per hour+
Working Hours - Required to work 7 days on rota basis (not more than 1 in 3) incl weekends and bank holidays. Flexibility on start/finish times of work.
About the role:
Our client requires 2 Social Workers to undertake a role within the Adults Social Care Team at Hull Royal Infirmary.
The post-holder will deliver solution focused interventions enabling people to shape their own lives, identify their own goals to sustain their independence as far as possible. They will acknowledge the person’s situation by employing active listening techniques; ask questions that search out possibilities, eliciting the person’s knowledge, skills and abilities, as appropriate. They will assist them to agree goals as part of a proportionate assessment process.
The post holder will make sure that Care and Support Plans focus on positive risk taking and include steps to achieve individual goals and outcomes.
The post holder will have a comprehensive understanding of primary legislation and be able to demonstrate practice which addresses it. This pertains to legislation such as Mental Capacity Act 2005, Human Rights Act 1998, Care Act 2014 and Mental Health Act 1983.
- To protect the safety and welfare of vulnerable adults, families and their carers, within the 'making safeguarding personal’ principles. Recognise risk indicators of different forms of abuse and neglect. To undertake Section 42 Enquiries into safeguarding concerns under the guidance of your line manager and the Safeguarding Team. Demonstrate an outcome focussed, person centred approach to safeguarding practice. To take responsibility for advising / supervising in complex cases and oversee suitable escalation to / progression to appropriate senior social workers and or management as suitable.
- To assess, identify and source low level OT equipment where this could support an individual to live independently or as part of a wider package of care. To undertake role as a Trusted Assessor.
- Enable people to experience personalised, integrated care and support, to maintain independence and wellbeing, and attain the outcomes they want and need. Enable people, their families and carers to understand and manage risk whilst participating in the life of their community and wider networks.
- Undertake proportionate assessments, determine eligibility, and assess risk. Plan care and support and make the best use of available resources to enable people to live the life they choose. To ensure people are given correct financial advice and information about charging processes of the Council.
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated, expert consultant with extensive market knowledge.
Here are just a few of the benefits of working with us:
- Access to a huge range of excusive temporary and permanent opportunities
- Post-Placement Aftercare
- Subsidised training specific to your role
- Free DBS Checks
- Loyalty Reward Scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers.
- Market Leading referrals of up to £500.
If this role is of interest to you and would like to apply, please contact Richard at Spencer Clarke Group as soon as possible.
- care plans
- Mental Health Act
- Care Acts
- mental capaity act
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'