Qualified Social Worker - Children & Young people's - Assessment Team
£23 - £25 per hour
Search Consultancy is working with an authority in Sunderland to recruit a Qualified Social Worker in the Children and Young People in care and Care Leavers Team on a temporary basis. The successful candidate will have recent involvement and experience within; Child Protection and Children who are subject of Child Protection Plans and Care Proceedings.
Responsibilities of the role include:
* To deliver children's services in the city including social care, early help and education.
* To be passionate about making a difference to children's lives
* Working with the Assessment Team and being part of our journey to excellence.
* You will safeguard and promote the welfare of the City's most vulnerable unborn babies, children and young people, through the delivery of a high quality service by working in accordance with best practice, procedures and legislative requirements.
* Direct working with children and young people is a crucial and fundamental requirement of this role.
* You will attend Child in Need Transfer Meetings, Strategy Meetings, Initial Child Protection Conferences and Public Law Outline Panel to share assessments and information.
* Work on a rotational basis, you will perform the duty Social Worker role to respond to child safeguarding issues requiring an immediate response.
* This is a unique opportunity to join Sunderland at the start of an exciting and innovative programme of change as they shape and develop our new dedicated children's Sector - Sunderland.
* Social Work Qualification
* 2 years post qualifying experience
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
Search Consultancy operates a competitive referral scheme whereby we award £250 to any Qualified Social Worker who goes on to work at least 50 hours in a temporary position. Please call Madge on for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age