Search Consultancy Ltd is currently looking for a Social Worker to work on an Assessment and Care Management Team in the Stoke-on-Trent area. This position is on a contract basis starting as soon as possible until at least the end of June2018, subject to review and you will receive regular supervision and management/team support.
Salary: £23.66 - £24.37
Objectives of the Assessment and Care Management Post:
To undertake the full range of tasks associated with the Assessment and Care Management process for Service Users and any formally identified carers in accordance with departmental policies, operational guidelines and statutory requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* To receive and manage incoming referrals within timescales.
* To undertake a range of assessments and reviews ensuring a needs led approach with a rehabilitative focus and arrange care packages that address the eligible social care needs identified.
* To accurately maintain client records and ensure that these records are logged correctly on to the departments computer system (Care First).
* To undertake assessments of work referred, produce fully costed care plans and risk assessments and highlight Health and Safety issues that may impact upon the provision of a service, in conjunction with service users, carers and multi agency colleagues as far as possible.
* To participate in regular supervision and PDR, be committed to personal development and keep up to date with departmental policies and procedures, operational guidelines and changes to statutory requirements.
* To operate at all times with the ethics and disciplines of the General Social Care Councils Code of Conduct for Social Care Workers and to undertake specific training to maintain registered status.
* To produce reports specific to service discipline and attend when relevant, courts, child protection conferences, reviews and Mental Health Tribunals.
* To carry out such other duties as may be required from time to time and which commensurate with the grade of the post although suitable adjustments will be made in line with the Disability Discrimination Act.
* To act as Care Co-ordinator and/or Care Manager.
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing high quality recruitment service. The Health and Social Care division at Search Consultancy Ltd is one of the largest providers of temporary healthcare workers. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Mike Shaw at the Manchester office of Search Consultancy
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age