Randstad Care are currently recruiting for Qualified Social Workers to work in Cumbria, working within Children's services. The positions are based in Whitehaven and you will be working within the Looked after Children's Team .
The purpose of the role as a Qualified Social Worker working within the Team is:
- To improve the outcomes for children and young people within the county by listening to the voice of the child, young person and their families, understanding their needs and working together to agree how these needs will be met with the right help and support.
- To deliver a complex service and support to individuals and groups and to improve community capacity and services users well being
- To understand the impact of need in order to formulate child based plans with clear outcomes
- To use active listening, observation and communication to build relationships with families, children and young people
- To identify and assess complexity and seriousness through investigation and analysis of information within children's services procedures.
- To understand and analyse the needs of children and young people and families by gathering information through direct work with them
- To ensure practice is informed by evidence and theory
- To share skills and knowledge to build capacity with other professionals across all agencies and identify gaps in provision
- To keep appropriate records that describe and support an analysis of the child's experience clearly identify the child's voice and demonstrate any decision making rationale
- To understand the roles and accountability's of other professionals in order to ensure the appropriate services are provided to meet the identified needs
- To be open to engage in peer support and challenge
- Enhance the companies image within the community by promoting awareness of services and achievements and encourage greater public participation
- To evaluate own practice and identify need for professional support and development
- Conduct work in accordance with social work core values, Children's Services policies and procedures, the companies core values and corporate standards including anti oppressive practice approaches
You will be required to have:
- Experience of assessment and planning
- Experience of Private Law helpful
- Previous statutory experience of looked after Children procedures, in particular Adoption & leaving Care
- Experience of risk management
You will need to hold a Social Worker qualificationand you will need to be HCPCregistered and able to obtain a satisfactory enhanced DBScertificate.
The successful Social Worker will enjoy an extensive benefits package that includes
- As the contract holder for this client you will have 1st refusal on any role within Cumbria via Randstad
- Competitive pay rates
- Excellent referral scheme
- Dedicated consultant
If you meet our client's requirements, and are interested in applying for this position as a QSW, please do not hesitate to apply. Alternatively please call Shelley on
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Social Care
- Physical Disabilities
- Qualified Social Worker
- Social Work Degree
- Children's Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job