Search Consultancy has a vacancy for a full-time and part-time experienced and dedicated Social Worker to join a Children in Care Team to work for Dudley MBC. These positions are on a contract basis starting as soon as possible.
Salary: up to £24.02 PAYE or £29.93 Umbrella an hour depending on experience
This is an exciting opportunity for 1 full-time and 1 part-time Social Worker, required for a Children in Care team. Previous Court experience and working with looked after children are necessary. The service consists of 4 pods and 1 Care Leavers team. Each social worker has a caseload of approximately 20 cases. The team benefits from access to its own Psychology Service. The Fostering and Adoption Service and Placements Team are also based on-site. Dudley DMBC is pioneering the Centre for Professional Practice, which offers a high standard of training and regular workshops.
The ideal Children in Care Social Worker must:
* Be flexible to the demands of the role
* Have the ability to communicate effectively both orally & In writing to a wide range of people
* Have the ability to deal with sensitive issues
* Have the ability to manage the caseload in line with service policy and protocols
* Have the ability To communicate with and respond to people of all ages
* Be Self motivated and have the ability to motivate others
* Have a calm approach to confrontational situations
* Have a good working knowledge of relevant legislation and codes of practice
* Have the ability to understand the different needs of clients
* Be a Team Player
* Have the ability to develop & maintain strong working relationships
You MUST be:
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
* A full UK license holder
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Experience in a similar role is required
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing high quality recruitment service. The Health and Social Care division at Search Consultancy Ltd is one of the largest providers of temporary healthcare workers. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Mike Shaw at the Manchester office.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age