Search Consultancy has a fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Social Worker to join a Looked After Children Team in Cheshire joining a supportive, experienced team on a temporary contract initially for 4 months. There is free parking and the office location has excellent links to the motorway
Responsibilities of the role include:
* Assess the needs of children and young people who require social work services including the identification of risk and the need for protection. To develop, co-ordinate and deliver multi-agency plans to meet assessed needs and to review these plans to ensure they continue to meet assessed needs
* LAC and Court Work
* Identify unmet needs and gaps in service provision to inform resource allocation and service development
* Engage other professionals, statutory and voluntary agencies in the delivery of services agreed following the assessment of need
* Manage an allocated workload within a team setting
* Comply with the statutory obligations and departmental policing and procedures.
* Maintain accurate and up to date records on the Integrated Children's System (ICS) at all times
* Prepare for and participate in professional supervision sessions and staff meetings and make use of all available training and developmental opportunities
* Contribute to the evaluation and development of services and new ideas by sharing knowledge about theory, skills and practice with other Social Services staff, professional groups and interested bodies
* Provide professional support to newly qualified and less experienced social work staff to enable others to develop their knowledge and skills
Due to the nature of the role, the manager has specified that any applicants to this role must be experienced Qualified Social Workers with at least 1 years post qualifying experience working within Children's Services.
This role is subject to HCPC, DBS and reference checks.
Search Consultancy operates a competitive referral scheme whereby we award £250 to any Qualified Social Worker who goes on to work at least 50 hours in a temporary position. Please call Mike Shaw on for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job