Are you a Qualified Social Worker committed to improving the lives of the area's most vulnerable residents? Are you looking for a career opportunity with excellent opportunities for progression in an Adult setting?
If so then this is your chance to join a well respected Local Authority and truly be the Social Worker you want to be!
The vacancy is within a Working Age Adults (WAA) Team. The team's overarching focus is to help people to help themselves - making personalisation real for service users which is very much in line with the Adult Operations Charter. The teams consist of a team manager, senior social workers, social workers, assistant social workers and part-time health access champions. They mainly support individuals aged 18 to 65 who are vulnerable adults, perhaps with complex learning disabilities and physical disabilities.
- Award winning training academy to support with your continued learning which allows you to further your career whether that be into a more senior role or remain front line with additional learning opportunities.
- Annual leave entitlement of up to 29 days per year (depending upon grade and length of service)
- Purchase of additional annual leave (up to agreed limits)
- A local government pension scheme (LGPS), a career average scheme with employee and employer contributions
- Life assurance (where a member of the LGPS) of 3 x annual salary
- Flexible working arrangements (for most roles but depending upon service requirements)
- Discounted shopping through a dedicated Reward Portal (including discounts at major supermarkets)
- Interest free travel loan
- Payment of professional fees (approved professions only)
- Lease car scheme (dependent on requirement for business use or for employees at Band 8 and above)
- Car cash alternative to employees graded Band 8 or above who do not wish to participate in the lease car scheme -
- Private medical health insurance for employee and partner - Band 7 and above
- Employee assistance programme provided in-house (wellbeing and counselling provision)
- Eyecare vouchers
- Reward vouchers and e-cards (to recognise high achievement)
- Volunteering leave (up to 2 days per year)
- Childcare vouchers, through salary sacrifice
- Charitable giving through payroll deduction
- Relocation package of up to £8,000 (at hiring manager's discretion)
- Local shopping discounts
Qualifications/ skills and experience required:
- Diploma / Degree in Social Work
- Experience working as a Qualified Social Worker in a Adult setting
- Case load management in line with the Care Act
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage your own time
- Ability to engage and influence with multiple agencies
- Passionate and driven to support your own continuing personal development (CPD)
- Car drivers preferred
If you are interested in this post please give Catriona a call on or send your details over and I will be in touch. I look forward to hearing from you!
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
- Qualified Social Worker
- Social Worker
- Working Age Adults
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job